Translate

Friday, October 26, 2012

Well La De Da ;)

Munich is showing no signs of any world-wide economic crisis. We saw so much wealth and opulence in this European city, it was not cohesive to the stories of a continent in financial crisis... Here is evidence to support that  claim....
Rolls Royce Shadow. I have never seen one up close. Garage of the hotel. 


The bath in children's room had a rainfall shower head and  a light fixture that changed colors. 

See? Pretty :)

Mini-bar. Home of the five euro juice. 

I want this room.  ;) 

Doe likes her accomodations. 

Yeah nice accomodations but...they didn't provide us with  sheets ;) Only duvets, which is the way the Europeans travel.  More adjusting to the world's way of traveling. They would come by at night and ask if we desired turn-down service, which would entail three maids coming in to the residence. Or so I had heard; we never partook of the luxury. Delicious bedding and sleeping though.

As I said earlier;  I ain't gonna front. The bathrobe was nice. And the  honey pot of bath  bubbles :). 

Just a smalltown girl....in ripped Levi's...having spent the last night in a Best Western in Milhouse, France. This was lovely, but the soapdish came off in the shower. I have stayed at some sketchy places throughout my years of travel, but never has a soapdish come completely out of the wall and threatened to fracture my little toe :) 


World famous for its gorgeous lobby. The service was sublime and the  staff was lovely.  But I spent the whole trip convinced I was going to trip and fall majestically in front of a slew of European businessmen and oil magnates and their spouses while navigating the marble stairs. 

Beloved asking the hotel to please try running his travel card again. Ugh each time we have tried to use this card Citibank puts a block on it because it's in a different country and for an 'unexpected' purchase. It's embarassing, but at least we think we resolved the issue. I would like to say it's because I finally spoke with the customer service rep at Citibank, but it may have been just coincidence. Yep. 

Proud to say I never tripped. 

Downtown Munich. Abercrombie&Fitch is opening a flagship in Munich and as such the  store hired male models to come to the opening. 
Doe and some of the cutie-patootie models. I did not have the heart to tell her that they were hosting a photo shoot in one of the hotel conference rooms.  The line of teenage German girls waiting to have their picture taken was quite long. Tan was *horrified* that his sister would want to get her picture taken, and that his own mother would facilitate it. He said something to the affect of "They're not even real men anyways, they're like models". Oh Tank.


Me and Tank in the elevator. 
Kids' room. They loved it in there and did not want to leave.  
Large parrots on the patio of the second floor. Large parrots. In Germany. I don't speak German. 

I think this is a Ferrari. Tank asked me to take a picture of it. 

This is the store where my son picked up a leather belt and said out loud "Holy CRAP this costs 400 euros!". It was a proud parenting moment and we immediately left the store. 

Diamond earrings retailing at a whopping 690,000 euros...yes they take the diamonds out of the display window at night.

An interesting aside was the lobby was always full of Middle Eastern  men. And at times they were accompanied by women dressed in burkas or with head coverings. I saw more women dressed in burkas in Munich than in anyplace else we've traveled. As we were checking out Doe and I noticed an absolutely stunning Muslim woman and her family leaving the lobby. She was dressed completely in black from head to toe and her veil was off of her face floating behind her as she walked. She was about my height, maybe even 6'0, and strode the lobby with such elegance and grace. I was taken aback at how much her face was the focus of her appearance and not her clothes or jewelry. I did have a moment of understanding why the Muslim faith is so adamant on a woman's face being the secret to her beauty and not her clothing or jewelry.

Munich was fascinating on many levels, and there was much to see. I have so much more to post, particularly of the museums we visited, but that will have to be for another time. We leave tomorrow for Provence, France and we have a 7 am wake-up call. Time to hit the hay.  :) 

We were excited to be able to visit such a cosmopolitan city. The German people were physically beautiful people, but overall I found them somewhat unwelcoming. Service at stores and at restaurants was brusque (save for the staff at the Kempinski hotel).

If you were like us and fortunate to travel here on business, this was a wonderful place to stay. Here is a link if you would like to have more information on this fine hotel....http://www.kempinski.com/en/hotels/welcome/





No comments:

Post a Comment