Translate

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Doe's Dream

Today as we were sitting in the apartment eating a breakfast of pan de sal, cheese and eggs over coffee we were all discussing last night's sleep quality. I said I had the weirdest series of dreams, none of which I can recall.

Doe then shared this recurring dream that she's had over the past month. Beloved and I sat there afterwards somewhat--- stunned.

She shares: "I dreamt that Grandpa C was hiding something about who he really is from us". She said that he was  keeping this secret that he didn't want anyone to know. She said he had something he was hiding about who he was.
She said Grandpa C  had this house (she said it reminded her of something out of a Dickens's story) and that only Grandma P and Mom had the key to the house. She said that Grandma P had built this beautiful house underneath Grandpa C's house but he wouldn't let us into it.

She said that finally Mom (me) gave us the key and allowed us into the house. Doe said she was finally able to go inside Grandma P's house . She said it was full of books and lots and lots of knick knacks and collectibles. She said that the dining room floor was covered with fragrant herbs.

After she was done, Dan and I sat there in silence staring at each other.

I said finally "Well. There's lots you can read into that dream, for sure." and I got up and poured myself another cup of coffee.

All I can take away from this is the knowledge that I gave Doe the key to understanding Grandpa C. In her dream I gave her the key (freedom) to determine who he was on her own accord, and under her free will. In this dream it is not determined if Grandpa C is present while she in Grandma P's house.
In reality, he has rejected our offer to let him and his wife spend time with our kids. This last time, with no conditions present whatsoever, was the definitive answer for what we were to do. He did not want to spend time with his grandchildren. The answer became clear: Stop. Turn around. Walk away. Walk. Away.
 The understanding for Doe in this dream is that she was able to roam freely, under my permission, to realize who Grandma P was and under her own free will try to understand the mystery/secrets that Grandpa C is 'trying to hide'. And maybe, hopefully, learn more about this complicated man.

I felt such deliverance for what has transpired between him and myself and Beloved. And as it made me miss my mom all the more, but as I was mulling over this in the shower I was reminded of the Bible verse

John 14:2: "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you".

There are many rooms that we will never know, but we can trust in the wisdom of a loving Heavenly Father to make all those corners and rooms ours to explore when God's perfect time is right. Maybe in my father's absence he has revealed himself in ways that he would have never shown to us otherwise.

Another milestone in the journey. Onwards and upwards.





No comments:

Post a Comment