Translate

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

We talked about bubbles

Woke out of a deep sleep this morning. Crazy dream about us being in a plane crash over the ocean. It is understood that Beloved and I have died, and that only the children may have survived. They are in the plane and it is plummeting into the water. The force of water cracks and splits the nose off the front of the plane and the water is swarming up the inside towards the back of the passenger section. It carries my children out of the airplane (I do not know why. Physics would tell me water would not be able to transfer into the emptying airplane cavity, and that the children would have to battle air pressure to get out by swimming down).
But I digress.
The water is a deep dark inky blue and I watch as my daughter is floating lifelessly into the open water. From the back she is only white arms and white legs and a webbing of blonde hair around her head and shoulders.  She is now floating alongside the outside of the plane as it travels deeper past her into the blacker sea. She snaps awake and looks up. As I watch her I am telling her "Follow the bubbles. Follow the bubbles. Look up? See the bubbles? They go up. Bubbles go up to the surface. Now go. GO." and I watch as she powers her thin arms above her and she pulls herself through the water, long hair swirling around her face and around her shoulders, her arms like half-circles above her head and then pushing the weight of the water down behind her. Reach pull surge reach pull charge reach pull... She reaches the surface and sees her brother on an innertube, alive. And she turns towards the sound of churning water and watches her sister break the surface of the water with a deep exhale, her hair streaming over her eyes and face.
Then I wake up.
As we sat watching the Olympics tonight we are chatting about how time is getting closer and closer for our departure. I said I was getting excited, but was also anxious to get settled into our apartment in Gibraltar and getting some downtime.
My youngest daughter says "I'm mostly nervous about flying. I don't want to think about flying over the ocean."
Then we talked about bubbles. My Beloved, not knowing I had dreamt about this, said later "That is good advice".
My prayer is that was only just a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment