Translate

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Tails We All Lose

The kids were at the pool for one last swim today. It was a quiet afternoon, a little cooler, only 81, and very cold outside of the water. So I was impressed when they chose to all close out the 2012 swim season by doing their best dives at the pool. Son did he is infamous 'starfish' dive where he basically runs to the end of the board and spins off, his arms and legs outstretched and he looks not unlike a pale starfish. Eldest did some crazy-good inward dives (all of which yet again intensify the drive for me to force into diving for high school this winter!) and the youngest did some wonderful dives as well. She took about seven years off my life though when she spun off the divingboard, her head barely missing the end of the board as it whipped around. I found myself gasping and jumping out of my chair. Pretty certain she clubbed her head. But as usual...she was fine.

In the deep end they all collected next to the divingboard hanging off the edge of the pool. Eldest found a dime on the pool deck and as the younger two watched she said "Tails--we crash".

I didn't wait to ask if it was Heads or Tails ;)


As I sit here in our boiling hot room bedroom I listen to the football game in the background and the incessant, constant chatter of Beloved. He is packing two pairs of shorts. Two. Twoooo. But for everything he needs my unending support. Somehow I knew that this is how our preparations would end. Me having to pack for him as well ;).
Two pairs of shorts. Six transformers for laptops and a curling iron ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment