Translate

Saturday, August 4, 2012

It takes two, Baby


"A goal without a plan is just a wish." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

It's all starting to come together now. It's funny how there was such a level of anxiety about planning this trip itinerary with my husband. We are good partners, don't get me wrong, but when it comes to planning trips or vacations, it's not a place where we shine. We grumble and argue or disagree about destinations and costs and time restraints. Possibly because it's been a few years since we've planned anything major to go on, or maybe because we're in a state of do or die mode, or quite possibly (and most likely) we're looking at our lives and deciding that we have more behind us than ahead of us...we're in agreement. This is fabulous.
I am going to go out on a limb too and say I'm not being such a lazy-bones about it, either. Effort is being made. Made my first international call to book our first hotel. And I reserved another hotel in Toledo.
Now if I could get my husband to pronounce it 'Toe-LAY-do' instead of "Toe-LEE-do" we'll be set.

Some habits die hard. Baby steps.
 I'm all about cultural tolerances, but after a few weeks of him being a smart-@ss and calling cities by their American counterparts...someone just might get cut. ;) I think between me and our eldest's begging, we can get him to fall into line.

Oh behave.


No comments:

Post a Comment