Translate

Thursday, July 12, 2012

What did we do before Pinterest?

Let me sing the praises of the best Web invention since Email. Yes beloveds, I am going to talk to you about the joys of Pinterest. Where else on this blessed green spinning coil of ours can we find:

  • Six thousand recipes for Crockpot chicken
  • A billion uses for Mod-podge
  • Thirty different pictures of Ewan MacGregor holding a rooster
  • Seventy-three thousand recipes for lemonade

To paraphrase: I love Pinterest and it is no small thing that Pinterest, which is fresh from God, loves me back.

I have found scores of travel spots in Spain and 'pinned' them breathlessly on my 'Espana' board to use for future reference. I am particularly excited about  Algeciras, which has some incredible rock formations tunneled like dominos onto the beach. Cannot wait to visit there.

Along with the droves of tourist sites that have been unearthed on the site, I have also been sullied by the enormous amount of craft project ideas. For someone who knows her way around a glue gun, I have been undeniably cast by the travel scrapbook idea.

.....Hence one of my Pins and the resulting product below.




I had wanted to try and find the smaller-sized slide pockets they had used in the example, but to no avail (all right I just went to one store, okay?). So I ended up using these rectangluar sized baglets. The book is made of two sheets of thin plywood, drilled with a Dremel tool and then using cardstock, the bags are hotglued to each page (careful not to melt the ziplock together). I am hoping to fill it with lots of little memories like ticket stubs, receipts, beach sand. It will be quite bulky when we return.

And yes, I Modpodged a map of Spain onto the cover. Pinterest is a jealous lover.

Oh and yes! Please! Follow me on Pinterest!   http://pinterest.com/blueskymine/

No comments:

Post a Comment