Translate

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Slight Hiccup...

Well having an ovary removed was not part of the plan. Not that I was planning on having another child anytime soon, if ever, but I was at least hoping to go overseas with all of my internal organs intact. Really is that sooo much to ask? :D
A very large cyst threw a big ole fat monkey wrench into the plans and I was in the above hospital Thursday night. I have discovered the wonderful device called the patient-delivered pain management system. {Truthfully, I only took three hits, so bugger off if you think I was wussing out}.  Today, Sunday, is the first day I feel like even being upright. Prior to this I found myself prone in my bed watching marathon episodes of reality TV. Whether it was a slight post-operative fever, or a two-week long run of very hot weather, it didn't matter. I have not wanted to move and have only wanted sheets, no blankets, on the bed.

But after cutting myself off from the muy delicioso estupiafacente that were prescribed to me, I have felt more human-like and can engage in conversations that consist of more than a slurred "Can you fix me a piece of toast"?
This creates some complications of course. Do I expect my body to immediately rejuvenate in its hormonal capacity? Or do I expect there to be some delay? What happens if while we are overseas, the OTHER one decides to go all Megasaurus on me and I end up in another semi-emergent situation and have to go back to the hospital? Questions, questions. I think my post-operative appointment with the Good Doctor Phil will hopefully aleve any worries I may face. I am going to ask for a prescription of birth control pills to normalize hormonal levels, without any belief that this is the best route for me to follow as of yet. In the meantime, a wonderful friend Rosann recommended the site www.HysterSisters.com to help answer any questions I may have. It has helped.

Until then, I wonder if the 6.5 weeks we have until we leave for Spain is enough time for my stitches to recover. I until then am only to lift 10 lbs over my head. If that is the case I have some serious editing to do upon my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment