Translate

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Fixed It.

I absolutely adore my husband. 
He said to me at dinner Thursday "I think we are going to have to get a new lawnmower."
He said "The lawnmower was on its last legs LAST summer. It was literally putting out huge black puffs of smoke." 
I always see my husband putting himself in obviously non-environmentally-friendly situations. He can do that. Because he makes his living saving the planet. It's like the cardiologist who smokes.
So we were planning on getting a new lawnmower in May.
Then yesterday he decided he was going to take it apart -one last look in the casket. Just to see what was going on.
(This is the same man who put 4-wheel drive transmission in the International Scout my parents gave us as a wedding gift... The same car that we had to pour Sprite into to get us home from our honeymoon. He resurrected that car from the dead. So yes he has mad car repair skills. Meaning It stopped needing Sprite to run.)
He takes the lawnmower apart. I have no idea what he is doing.
He comes in later yesterday afternoon, elated. It was only the air filter that needed cleaning. He cleaned a thick layer of detritus from the filter and then soaked all the parts in gasoline to fully clean them.
He says last night 'Hey Kim! I want to show you something! Come here!' I walk over to the garage where he is holding up a blue bucket. Inside the blue bucket is all of the mower parts soaking in gasoline."Smell that" he says "that is what my childhood smelled like. Machine parts soaking in gasoline". He is grinning from ear to ear.
This morning he goes back out to the garage. Wearing his Broncos knit cap, cut off shorts and a t-shirt so old it's changed into a gray color. I heard the lawnmower roar to life. He comes back in.
"Fixed it" he says. "It was only the air filter. But now I can't find the bolt that screws the air filter back into place. So I've got two rubber bands attaching it to the frame."
He brings me so much joy. Happy Sunday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment