Translate

Monday, April 21, 2014

Condemnation vs Conviction



"How do we discern the difference between the enemy's condemnation and God's conviction? 

One afternoon, I’d had it with my son’s attitude, and I let him know it. Then I felt horrible for losing my temper. Feelings of guilt overwhelmed me. And, I {almost} convinced myself that's how God wanted me to feel. But then I remembered a pastor describing the difference between conviction and condemnation.

He said condemnation sweeps over us with accusing thoughts like: you’re such a failure, you’re a horrible person. It brings guilt and shame.

God’s conviction is specific, instructional and leads to restoration. He’ll show us a behavior that was wrong and give us ideas of how to make it right like nudging us to apologize and ask for forgiveness.

That day, I let God’s conviction lead me and bring restoration between my son and me by apologizing. God's grace replaced my guilt and chased all that condemnation away.” - @Renee Swope

No comments:

Post a Comment